Unusually for hand printed fabrics, Bright Cut Snow is a two colour print, but it has been carefully thought out so that you actually get 3 colours by overprinting.
Bright Cut Snow was designed for English Paper Pieced ( EPP ) hexagons in the 1.5" size (i.e. 1.5 inches along the edge). Each diamond is 3" across and has approximately 3" sides. There are 25 full diamonds in each fat quarter and you get at least 2 diamonds in 10 different designs and in 3 colours. (In 5 cases, you get 3 of the same shape and colour.) This fabric has a lot of fussy cutting potential!
Bright Cut Snow was inspired by cut paper snowflakes - I think the paper snowflakes hanging near my desk must be having a subconscious influence on me! This design was developed by cutting a new set of paper snowflakes. To preserve the handmade feel, each snowflake is subtly different, but only if you look very closely.
* This is a full American fat quarter, not a fabric panel. The printed area measures 18" by 21" or 46cm by 53.5cm. This fabric can be used with your favourite fat quarter friendly quilt patterns.
* This is a hand printed fabric, and as such may have tiny imperfections, which are part of its charm. It has been printed and heat set by me or by a colleague who also trained in screen-printing at TAFE's Sydney Institute.
* The ink used is environmentally friendly waterbased ink that was certified by the UK Soil Association as meeting Global Organic Textiles Standards (GOTS) requirements.
* The fabric is Moda Bella Solid, colour Bunny Hill Pink, in case you want to match colours. I have tried to ensure colours are correctly represented in the photos, but please be aware that screen displays vary.
Care and washing:
* Warm iron either side. Avoid repeatedly scratching the printed areas.
* Machine wash cold on a gentle cycle or handwash. Avoid washing fabric with other rough / abrasive items. Turn inside out or wash in a laundry bag, if possible.
* Tumble dry on a low setting or hang out to dry.
* Flatten out creased or folded areas of fabric before washing or tumble drying.
* Thank you so much for your interest in independent, hand printed fabric!