BMP Stripe is a bold and unique fabric, which can be used as a stripe but is strong enough to be used alone as a feature fabric. The stripe areas are approximately 1" wide.
The interest lies in the way the stripes morph into different shapes along the fabric. It is inspired by one of the steps in the printing process - the way images can be broken down into pixels. BMP refers to bitmaps and the way the pixilated images are saved on computer. Although referring to a computer format, this fabric has a very organic, natural feel.
* This is a full American fat quarter, not a fabric panel. The printed area measures 18" by 21" or 46cm by 53.5cm. This fabric can be used with your favourite fat quarter friendly quilt patterns.
* This is a hand printed fabric, and as such may have tiny imperfections, which are part of its charm. It has been printed and heat set by me or by a colleague who also trained in screen-printing at TAFE's Sydney Institute.
* The ink used is environmentally friendly waterbased ink that was certified by the UK Soil Association as meeting Global Organic Textiles Standards (GOTS) requirements.
* The fabric is Moda Bella Solid, colour Bleached White PFD, in case you want to match colours. I have tried to ensure colours are correctly represented in the photos, but please be aware that screen displays vary.
Care and washing:
* Warm iron either side. Avoid repeatedly scratching the printed areas.
* Machine wash cold on a gentle cycle or handwash. Avoid washing fabric with other rough / abrasive items. Turn inside out or wash in a laundry bag, if possible.
* Tumble dry on a low setting or hang out to dry.
* Flatten out creased or folded areas of fabric before washing or tumble drying.
* Thank you so much for your interest in independent, hand printed fabric!